I want you to arrive uninvited to every damn thing that happens in my life. It’s fine if I lose you for a few weeks, as long as you turn up to where I work and tell me that you still want to undress me.
The thing is I see someone who looks like you in a crowd and for a split second I fall straight in love with them. It’s silly, I know. It’s just that I’m always tickled pink missing you. Let’s face it though, I missed you even when you were with me. That’s probably what loving someone is. You anticipate them leaving and feel sad before they’ve gone.
Anyway, anyone with your hair colour is immediately my favourite person. Anyone with your freckles, I’ll close my eyes and kiss them and pretend it’s you. That’s stupid, I’ve been touching mouths with a lot of boys lately. They don’t quite say my name the same way you did. I’ve been saying a lot of “ssh. No need for talking.”
Last Wednesday, I saw a boy wearing the exact same coat you wrapped me up in once. I caused a three people pile up in the middle of the high street because my legs forgot to walk.
I guess what I’m trying to say is: I’m going to keep looking for you, even though I know you won’t come back, I’m still hoping you’ll knock on my door and say “hey! I’ve been falling in love with every damn girl who looks like you and it’s an absolute nuisance so it’s probably best you let me love you all over again.”
i wanna date someone and live with them in a shitty apartment but be happy about it because we are happy together and we can decorate it with stupid dorky posters of shit we like and figurines and art and we can cook weird recipes we found on the internet and eat them and watch cartoons even if the food is gross because we made it and we’re perfect
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers
once when i was little i gave my mum a bowl full of buttons and she got really into pretending it was real food. when she asked me ‘is it soup?’, i turned around, and with the most disapproving glare just went ‘no. it’s buttons’.